Take 2 - A color experiment

Monday, September 29, 2008

I went with a tetrad color scheme of green, blue, orange and purple but in dark pastel - I chose it by playing around and I liked it.  

I think it is a complementary color scheme.    It looked better on the color wheel then on the blog.  I think it was a good experiment to see that it isn't easy. 

The base color is #E6CFEO, I did use tints and shades.  There are both cool and warm colors used here.  

Color is used to create contrast as I ensured that the text was readable against the colors it was on.  Color is used to create repetition because the titles of all the posts, the text in the posts, and the other common texts (links, dates etc) are always the same color.  If that weren't the case, this thing would really be crazy.

0 comments: